Hi there, Alyssa here! It’s that time of the month for a recipe from Clean Eating with Lyss! I believe that clean eating should be fun, inventive, and yummy! I always strive to come up with recipes that are easy to whip up even for the most beginner cook, use smarter ingredients, and never lack great taste. I will always include the macro breakdown of each recipe so that you can easily track, adjust, and add these meals into your own dietary totals while striving to meet your nutrition goals!
For those that don’t know me, I’m a full time teacher, wife, and an all the time doodle mom! The first thing my husband, Chris, would tell you is that I am obsessed with our two Aussiedoodles, Sully and Olsen. They are our world! If we’re not hitting the trails with our pups, you can find us in the gym or with our families. We are a diehard Texas A&M family and Aggie football fanatics! We joined Hidden Gym almost two years ago and will be forever grateful for the impact Tawna and Greg have had in our lives! We’ve never been a part of a gym that so clearly strives for perfection in all they do and helps to make everyone feel like family.
Baked Enchilada Spaghetti Squash
Makes 4 servings
350 Calories – 12f – 33C – 28P – per each serving
- 2 medium sized spaghetti squash
- 8 oz. cooked and shredded chicken (12 oz raw)
- 4 lite laughing cow cheese wedges
- ½ cup black beans
- 1 cup red or green enchilada sauce
- ½ cup low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 120 grams of wholly guacamole
Side per serving:
75g of sliced apples or pears
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Cut each spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and carve out the seeds. Season the inside with salt and pepper. Place face down on a baking sheet. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Then let it cool.
- Boil chicken for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Shred chicken.
- Combine the chicken with green chilies, cheese, black beans, and enchilada sauce.
- Once spaghetti squash is cooked through. Take a fork and rake the inside to form the “spaghetti”. Place ¼ of the chicken mixtures in each of the four halves of the squash. Top with 2 tbsp of leftover enchilada sauce and 2 tbsp of mozzarella cheese.
- Place back into the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted on top. Top with 30 grams of Wholly Guacamole, salt, and pepper. Plate with fruit on the side.